A hirer who wants a lift to be undertaken but does not have the relevant expertise should ask John Skeet Crane Hire to undertake the work on a ‘Contract Lift’ basis.
The contract lift hire terms and conditions enables the hirer to contract out the complete lifting operation. John Skeet Crane hire supplies a fully supervised lifting service including planning, assessment, execution and supervision of all contract lifts by fully competent personnel in accordance with relevant regulations and codes of practice.
Under these terms and conditions John Skeet Crane Hire will:-
- Undertake all work as per British Standard 7121 ‘Safe use of cranes’.
- Comply with LOLER (Lifting Operation & Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998).
- Comply with all other current and relevant legislation.
- Supply fully competent person(s):-
- Appointed Person (organises and controls the lifting operation)
- Lift Supervisor
- Slinger and Signaller.
- Supply suitable craneage requirements.
- Undertake a suitable and sufficient:-
- Risk Assessment
- Method statement
- Lifting Plan
- Provide Insurance cover (as per CPA Contract Lift Terms & Conditions) for Public Liability, hired in plant (covers the crane) and on the hook (covers the load).
It is essential that sufficient, appropriate insurance cover is obtained for all liabilities. Full details of insurance cover should be agreed and documented between all parties, before any lifting operations are carried out.